World Action On Salt, Sugar and Health (WASSH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt and sugar intakes. WASSH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt and sugar reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt and sugar reduction programmes worldwide.
- The University of Melbourne: Obesity worsens Covid-19. It’s time for Indonesia to get serious about tackling it (15th September)
- Nutrients Journal: Core Strategies to Increase the Uptake and Use of Potassium-Enriched Low-Sodium Salt (15th September)
- Express Healthcare: Leaders from top medical institutes urge immediate action on FOPL to address India’s NCD crisis (14th September)
- Department of Health: UK to Spearhead Europe-Wide Initiative to Reduce Sugar and Calorie Intake in Food (13th September)
- Blueprint: ‘Diabetes, obesity responsible for 29% deaths in Nigeria’ (11th September)
- PLOS Medicine: Altering product placement to create a healthier layout in supermarkets: Outcomes on store sales, customer purchasing, and diet in a prospective matched controlled cluster study (7th September)
- Medscape: Will the Positive Findings From the SSaSS Trial on Salt Substitution Silence the Salt Skeptics? (2nd September)