Anyone can take part in the week, and there are a number of ways to get involved!
Check out our Resource Pack - Resource Pack 2021 [PDF 1,404KB]
- Many campaigns have moved online this year, so why not join us on Twitter and Instagram?
- Prepare a social media strategy for the week, with plenty of images, videos and salt reduction messages to engage your network
- Remember to tag your posts with #SaltAwarenessWeek so that we can see them and retweet!
Events during the week
- Decide on relevant supporting events such as presentations to government departments, schools or health care professionals - if possible with COVID-19 restrictions
- Decide who to invite to speak and who to attend – send out letters/email
- Send out brief overview of the week to Non-Governmental Organisations and journalists to advertise the week
- Use the salt reduction message to prepare a short press release
- Distribute to local and national journalists and media outlets. Be prepared to dicuss Salt Awareness Week in print or on the radio!
- Talk about the press release on your social channels
While there are no funds available from WASH support an international event, we recommend you try the following routes for sponsorship and donations:
- Request financial support from catering and food companies that are committed to salt reduction and who have no conflicts of interest, as well as from other funding bodies such as charities. We can provide standard applications which can be adapted for your work
- You may be able to offer some publicity on funders' behalf such as logos on leaflets, or exhibition space at events
If you are getting involved in Salt Awareness Week, we'd love to hear about it! Email email@example.com with your updates and outputs