World Action On Salt and Health (WASH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
Established in 2005, WASH aim to translate the success of the UK salt reduction strategy to all countries, in line with World Health Organisation recommendations.
- WASH Release: New research finds flaws in studies that claim low sodium diets increase risk of death (22nd June)
- WASH Comment: WASH support 'Potassium Salt Petition' (10th May)
- CSPI: US menu labelling goes into effect Monday 7th May (7th May)
- Action on Salt Release: Reduction in Salt DOES Lower Blood Pressure and CVD According to New Review, Which Challenges Paradoxical Studies (1st May)
- WHO Europe: Using dietary intake modelling to achieve population salt reduction (20th April)
- New Research: Estimating the health and economic effects of the proposed US Food and Drug Administration voluntary sodium reformulation (10th April)