World Action On Salt and Health (WASH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
Established in 2005, WASH aim to translate the success of the UK salt reduction strategy to all countries, in line with World Health Organisation recommendations.
- Action on Salt release: Action on Salt Expose Excessive Amounts of Salt in ‘Healthy’ Processed Meat Alternatives and Demand URGENT Action from Public Health England (22nd October)
- The Wall Street Journal: NYC Health Department to Lead National Charge to Cut Sugar Intake (19th October)
- HuffPost: Why Is There Plastic In My Table Salt? Study Shows 90% Is Contaminated With Microplastics (18th October)
- The Gleaner: Trans Fat And Salt Next - MOH To Look At Ways Of Tackling Both (10th October)
- Malaysia Kini: Beware of papadum danger (9th October)
- Food Navigator Asia: High salt intake linked to development of impaired kidney function: Japanese study (3rd October)
- allAfrica: Mauritius: Health Ministry Envisages to Develop Strategies to Reduce Salt Intake, Says Minister Husnoo (1st October)