World Action On Salt and Health (WASH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
Established in 2005, WASH aim to translate the success of the UK salt reduction strategy to all countries, in line with World Health Organisation recommendations.
- Food Ingredients First: Keeping salt reduction on the agenda: Reduced sodium solutions in high demand for NPD (13th May)
- Food Navigator USA: Health advocacy groups, top food brands, urge Health Canada to permit term 'potassium salt' on food labels (6th May)
- Branding in Asia: Earth Day Campaign Puts Plastic Miniatures in Salt Grinders to Raise Awareness (22nd April)
- Food Dive: Will voluntary salt-reduction guidelines be derailed by last-minute lobbying? (16th April)
- Politico: Trump push to finish Obama crackdown on salt prompts stealth lobbying (12th April)
- WASH comment: Reaction to The Lancet's Health effects of dietary risks in 195 countries, 1990–2017: The Global Burden of Disease Study (4th April)