World Action On Salt and Health (WASH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
Established in 2005, WASH aim to translate the success of the UK salt reduction strategy to all countries, in line with World Health Organisation recommendations.
- Austalian Government Department of Health: Healthy Food Partnership Voluntary Food Reformulation Targets - Public Consultation
- Ninemsn Coach: Vegan meat is here — but is it really healthier for you? (28th August)
- European Sociaty of Cardiology: Few people at risk for heart disease understand food labels (28th August)
- Le Figaro: After the soda tax, deputies tackle salt (in French) (28th August)
- Riviera Maya News: PepsiCo Mexico announces reduction of salt, sugar in products (15th August)
- Mail Online: Push to pursue salt reduction in food (14th August)
- Tehran Times: 19% of Iranians aged 15-64 afflicted by hypertension (13th August)
- WASH Comment: (10th August)
- Gulf News: Health care facilities cannot serve unhealthy food (7th August)