World Action On Salt and Health (WASH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
Established in 2005, WASH aim to translate the success of the UK salt reduction strategy to all countries, in line with World Health Organisation recommendations.
- WASH Research: Salt intake in China among highest in the world for the past four decades (12th July)
- WASH Comment: Professor Feng He and WASH Chairman Graham MacGregor awarded research grant (9th July)
- Food Navigator: Consumer groups increase calls for mandatory labelling as Nestlé adopts Nutri-Score (26th June)
- New Research: Effects of the DASH Diet and Sodium Intake on Bloating - Results From the DASH–Sodium Trial (17th June)
- New Research: Dietary sources of salt intake in adults and older people: a population-based study in a Brazilian town (June)
- Food Ingredients First: Keeping salt reduction on the agenda: Reduced sodium solutions in high demand for NPD (13th May)