World Action On Salt, Sugar and Health (WASSH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
- Food Processing: Changes to food allergen labelling likely for mid-Feb (18th January)
- BMJ Nutrition Prevention & Health: Estimating the potential impact of Australia’s reformulation programme on households’ sodium purchases (12th January)
- World Health Organization: WHO urges governments to promote healthy food in public facilities (12th January)
- Bakery and Snacks: First Nutri-Score for nutrition, now Eco-Score for the environment: New FOP lands in France (12th January)
- Food Navigator Asia - Thailand salt tax: Firms failing to reformulate risk increased costs as 2021 implementation expected (12th January)
- Food Navigator: Are nutrition labelling schemes a marketing ploy? ‘FOPs no longer inform, but influence’ (8th January)
- Bakery and Snacks: Make Australian Healthy Star Rating mandatory to maximise reformulation - Study (6th January)