World Action On Salt and Health (WASH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake. WASH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt reduction programmes worldwide.
Established in 2005, WASH aim to translate the success of the UK salt reduction strategy to all countries, in line with World Health Organisation recommendations.
- CSPI: Salt Institute to dissolve (6th March)
- Cape Town etc: South Africans still clueless about salt content in food (6th March)
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine: Sodium and Potassium Dietary Reference Intake Values Updated in New Report; Introduces New Category for Sodium Based on Chronic Disease Risk Reduction (5th March)
- WASH Release: NEW International Survey Reveals Shocking Levels of Salt STILL Present in Children’s Meals and Calls for More ACTION on Salt Now (5th March)
- The George Institute: Fast food kid's meals chock full of salt (5th March)
- The Costa Rica News: Costa Ricans Consume Almost Double Salt of What They Should (16th February)
- New research: Sources of Dietary Salt in North and South India Estimated from 24 Hour Dietary Recall (1st February)