World Action On Salt, Sugar and Health (WASSH) is a global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt and sugar intakes. WASSH has expert members in 100 countries, all of whom are committed to salt and sugar reduction. We provide resources and advice to enable the development and implementation of salt and sugar reduction programmes worldwide.
- The Times of India: Experts call for urgent policy intervention to fix scientific limits for salt, sugar, saturated fats in packaged food (28th May)
- The International News: Diabetes body urges Pakistan to raise taxes on sugar beverages (26th May)
- The BMJ: Tackling childhood obesity in the wake of covid-19: lessons from Chile (25th May)
- Dutch News: Dutch eat ‘pinch of salt’ less six years after deal with food industry (20th May)
- Food Buisiness News: Meeting new WHO sodium benchmarks could involve potassium salt (20th May)
- Food Navigator: Kellogg cuts sugar and salt across Europe and UK: ‘The process is trial and error’ (17th May)