WASH encourages all members to take part in this important week. Members can do so in a number of ways:
- Displays within community settings such as libraries and health-care centres;
- Leaflet and poster distribution to health-care professionals, schools, catering colleges and doctor's surgeries;
- Questionnaire for general public (see ‘Public Opinion Survey’)
- Training sessions and presentations to people involved in salt reduction.
- Members are invited to join the suggested theme for each year - This year's theme is 'Eat less salt'
- Decide on relevant supporting events such as presentation to members of parliament, schools or health care professionals.
- Decide who to invite to speak and who to attend – send out letters/email
- Send out brief overview doc of Week to Non-Governmental Organisations, journals etc (to advertise the Week) – also advertise the Week on your website
- If you are using an exhibition stand, make sure all the materials to go on the stand are finalised
- Click here for the WASH Press Release template [DOC 1KB]
- WASH has produced a generic press release for WASH members to adapt with their own data
- This is under embargo until the release date
- Distribute to the press/media & prepare to answer questions
- Retain copies of newspapers, transcripts of radio etc where possible for future reference
While there are no funds available from WASH support an international event, we recommend you try the following routes for sponsorship and donations:
- Request financial support from catering and food companies that are committed to salt reduction and who have no conflicts of interest, as well as from other funding bodies such as charities. We can provide standard applications which can be adapted for your work
- You may be able to offer some publicity on funders' behalf such as logos on leaflets, or exhibition space at events
- For those of you in academic situations, in the past students have helped CASH collate data for the surveys which cuts down on costs